Sunday, June 17, 2012

Uncle Frank



In Loving Memory of Frank I. Yerks ~January 3, 1924 - June 12, 2012, ~

Frank Yerks was a Son, Brother, Soldier, Husband, Father, Uncle, Grandfather, Great-Grandfather, Friend, and for most of his 88 years, an outspoken American Patriot. He proudly served his country in the Army during WWII and continued to defend freedom for the rest of his days. I will always remember his mischievous smile, and his contagious laughter will echo down the halls of my memory as long as I live. I called him the "Prince of Pun" because he was always quick with a good one. The world turns a little slower today because he has left us. He is one of those remarkable people whose shoulders I proudly stand today. Thank you Uncle Frank for everything, especially for the example of a man you lived before me and the best friend and brother you were to my Dad.

No comments: