Saturday, October 31, 2009

People, Places, and Things







People, places, and things, running through my mind today. So many people I think about daily, so many places I’ve been to or want to see. So many things I want, or already possess. I wish I could gather everyone together in one place, to visit, catch up or just be together. Places of my past that hurt to think about, places I want to heal, and experience with different eyes. Places in my future, I want to run to and experience now what they hold for me down the road. Things from my childhood I cherish today and willingly carry into my tomorrow. People, places, and things act as mile markers for our lives. As people from our past leave, the road ahead seems somewhat uncertain unless the marker they left for us is clear and precise. The places are the experiences we’ve had along the way that cause us to broaden our vision and enable us to remain steadfast in our pursuit of a new horizon. The things are what we have taken with us to illuminate even the darkest places. People come and go, and regardless of the length of their stay, the footprints they leave remain long after the waves have crashed the shoreline to saturate the sand. Places in our minds, where we run for solace, beckon us to come amid life’s clutter. The things are the nuggets of gold we carry in the pocket of our heart, whose value increases with time. We all have people, places, and things that make us who we are. But have you ever stopped to entertain the thought, that you are an important person, that you have created a safe place for others, and that you hold the things in your heart that others need and desire? It’s a very simple yet profound dynamic, that we see the worth of others with clarity, and we struggle to see with that same clarity our worth to others. It’s not egocentric to assume your place in the lives of others, it’s essential. Be that person, in that Place, willing to offer all Things all the time.

No comments: