Thursday, March 4, 2010

Night Stroll


Night strolling as the snow dances all around us in the muted light of the street lamps. The trees that line the street bow to meet us from the weight of the heavy snowfall. Tonight is a night to enjoy the snow in all its brilliant beauty. Tomorrow it will become work, plowing and packing it aside to make room for another round, another storm. There is such a calm, a quiet solitude that fills the air and my mind. Tonight is a night to live in the now and to just enjoy the beauty of the moment. The Earth seems new and refreshed with a fluffy white blanket covering her flaws. Somehow I feel it too, rejuvenated and cleansed with every breath of cold, crisp air. I needed this night, to walk, and to think of nothing but the snow and my wife’s hand in mine. My mind remembers all the snowballs I’ve made throughout the years as I grab a new handful to load up and fire at an unsuspecting road sign. What is it about snow that can make you feel like a kid again, and yet when you shovel it, you are reminded of just how long ago your childhood was. Well for tonight anyway, I am enjoying the snow and every memory that floats gently and silently with every flake.

No comments: