Friday, March 13, 2009

Don't Anticipate...Ride!


Just before dawn, I awake to a new day with new possibilities. I wonder what this new day will bring. Did I get enough sleep, and am I rested enough to psychologically meet the challenges of the day? Can you ever get enough sleep for that? Today is Friday, one day to go until the weekend. Actually, isn’t Friday part of the weekend? When did life become so complicated that I need to be looking ahead at the day and wonder if I am ready for it? Gosh, I can remember being a kid and thinking one day ran into the other only to be separated by a few hours of sleep. Is this what happens when we get older? As far as I can tell, days are still 24 hours long. Maybe it’s because I never wore a watch when I was a kid, and today it seems like time is wearing me. There is an expression that says; “Don’t anticipate, participate.” I’m going to work on that one today. I want to find some new ways to participate. Life is too fleeting not to. Don’t you think? What about you, will life be a ride today, or will you allow yourself to be dragged through it? I think I’m going for a ride, check that, I am going for a ride…wanna go?

No comments: