Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ready To Fly


I look into my soul I see darkness and light Sometimes I like who I am inside And sometimes I loathe who lives there. I think I am playing a game sometimes But then again, life can make us doubt I want to play like a child In this world of mature expectations I want my life to be perfect and right But I do nothing to help that along The freedom of my soul stands at the door I hope I have the strength to open it I want to soar as an effortless eagle Something inside has to take wing and fly Am I fooling myself, is it a cruel joke Or is it within my grasp, my destiny The price of the pain has bought fruit Shaping and clarifying the gem within me I would not willingly walk that path again I am wearing the wisdom gathered along the way I am learning to walk again, not paralyzed by fear It feels as if it is my first attempt at living Unhindered by the chains I wore for so long I am finally content with who I have become.

No comments: