Saturday, February 7, 2009

48


"I was so ugly when I was born, the doctor slapped my mother" -Rodney Dangerfield Steven Wright said...."You can tell I was Cesarean born, every time I leave the house I go out through the window" So today is my birthday. Birthdays are funny things really. I have received well wishes from all over the world...thanks to Facebook. I know there is an ex-wife out there that wishes this day never happened for me...For the most part, I hate my birthday. Just another road marker to point out how lost along the highway of life you might be. But this year is different, for some reason I'm not feeling that depression, the dread, I was kinda sorta (in some twisted way) looking forward to. I have so many wonderful people in my life. I am blessed to still have my parents around, a sister, and two brothers that I adore. If you can count friends as accomplishments, I am a very accomplished man. I have friends that have been covering my back for 30 + years, and I have friends that have just jumped on the train to join me on this journey. You all have a special place in my heart...a 48-year-old heart at that. So I come to the end of this bloviation a happy man, filled with love, and comfort, humbled by the company I keep both in cyberland and in person. Oh, and I get the day off. It's in my contract...really! "So, I wanna laugh while the laughing is easy. I wanna cry if it makes it worthwhile. I may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you.'Cause, you make me feel like I'm more than a friend. Like I'm the journey and you're the journey's end. I may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you" Seals & Croft

No comments: