Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ham Sandwich


I am feeling a bit under the weather today, and the "Wit Machine" is being serviced. I do want to say that I am overwhelmed by your outpouring of love yesterday...thank you from all parts of my heart (not just the bottom)I was thinking this morning about how on Earth could we sustain that kind of outpouring of love every day? I don't know that we could...but maybe we are actually showing that in little ways every day on Facebook. We check each other's status, and we comment on pictures, but in a cyber sort of way, we are showing that we really care. I love when we change our status..." Al is having a ham sandwich", or whatever it might be. We are quick to comment, and maybe even fish for a laugh... (not that I've ever done that...ahem)It's our way of connecting, and checking in with our friends. After all, as human beings, all we have is each other. Yes, we have dogs, cats, and other animals to comfort and care for...but there is nothing like a good joke from a friend, having a beer, or just a simple kind word. I have to tell you, I'm still riding the wave from all your kind words yesterday...let's extend it to our families and friends...let's ride the wave together!

No comments: