Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"I Missed You"


Last night I received a call from a dear friend. We talked a while about the day's events and chit-chatted for ten to fifteen minutes. Then we decided to say goodnight. Fifteen minutes after I hung up with her…the phone rang again. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was her calling back. It was during this call that something truly amazing happened she said she called back to say “I missed You” What a feeling that came over me with those simple yet profound words…“I missed you”. I was thinking about how wonderful it was to have someone that missed me enough to call and tell me. I was actually speechless for a second as millions of brain receptors were lighting up and flashing…YOU ARE CARED ABOUT!!!… YOU ARE IMPORTANT!!!… YOU ARE WORTH SOMEONE‘S TIME!!! Now don’t get me wrong, I have a wonderful relationship with my parents and siblings. We say I love you all the time, and that is a wonderful miracle in itself. But to have a friend say “I missed you” is a special thing for sure. I began to think of the people I miss. Could I call like she did? Had too much time gone by that I couldn’t pick up the phone just to say I missed you? Would they think I’m nuts? Would they laugh, or would they feel like I did, on top of the world because she gave me a gift, and bestowed an honor upon me? For a brief moment, with her words she made me the center of her universe, stopping time with those words just to say that I was important enough to miss. Do you miss someone? Do you have it in you to let them know?

No comments: