Friday, February 20, 2009

Time Machine


If you were given the chance to go back in time, are there things you would change? I know there are many things in my life. I wish I was kinder to the people around me for one. I wish I could have loved the people deeper than I thought would be here on Earth forever. As a matter of fact, I wish I could have told them that I loved them. We all have regrets, and we all have things in our past that we are not proud of. Fortunately, there is no time machine to magically transport us back on a clean-up mission. We are who we are because of the life lessons that we experienced then. To go back and change one thing may change everything around us. Maybe we wouldn’t have met our spouse, moved to the town where we live, or even had children. Maybe we wouldn’t have the job or career we have, the school we attend. Maybe we wouldn’t have the friends we love? Chance’s are you would not be reading this? Everything we experience in this life, past, present, and future shapes and molds who we are. Like it or not. We can either spend all our time running from it, or we can accept it, and build an incredible life with it. I don’t know about you, but I had to stop running…it’s just too exhausting. The first thing we need to do to start building, (and the hardest) is we need to forgive ourselves. Once we do that everything else will fall into place. That is the foundation. We can’t change the past, we can only learn from it and draw strength from it. It’s hard work for sure, that will stretch every fiber of who you are. But the end result will be a wondrous, and rewarding life for all to enjoy.

No comments: