Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cruisin'


It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day! Did yesterday's concerns creep into today? Are you feeling as though the weight of the world is on your shoulders? Are you stressing out? I have to admit that I struggle with stress issues, but I find little things to refocus myself and soon I am back to clearer vision and thought. I love music. It always brings me to a place outside of myself and the situations that stress me. It gives me perspective, and sometimes an even deeper insight into my life. Have you ever noticed how a song can transport you backward or forward, to a mood or that place where you love to go? For as long as I can remember, I’ve always loved the connection between music and driving. I never go anywhere without music. Thank God for the invention of the iPod, I don’t have to drag all those CDs around anymore. Sometimes when I’m feeling a bit blue, I hop into my Chevy Truck, crank the tunes and sing my butt off on a trip to nowhere special. These “Cruise” as I call them, revive my spirit and reboot my thoughts. Sometimes I even take a friend or two along for the ride…and they seem to enjoy it too. Imagine that? I would encourage you to find that “Thing” that lifts your spirits. It could be anything you really enjoy. Do it as often as you can, you’ll feel better for it. And those around you will notice the difference too. Allow yourself to love and be loved today. It’s a great stress reliever, and it will help you on your “cruise” to somewhere special.

No comments: